Erase if not okay…
Many people have wondered how to work Pinterest to increase views and sales. After months of research, I have found a few things that work.
In May of 2018, I had 65,000 views and as of today I have 444,000 views on Pinterest. I get about 50% of my Etsy views from Pinterest.
Here’s what I do:
1) Pin between 20-30 pins a day. Any more than 30 seems to not work as well. I have done 31 or higher and received less views. Same with less than 20.
2) For every pin of yours, pin two of other people’s. This is what works best right now.
3) You don’t repin. Here is how you do it:
• Go to ‘+’ sign on Pinterest and grab the photo you want to use.
• Put in the title and description.
• Now, go over to Etsy and pull up your item. Hold finger on URL bar until it says COPY and click it.
• Go back to Pinterest and it will automatically bring up the copied link. Click to use it.
• Go to next page and pick a board.
This may seem like a lot of steps, but I can pin my own item using these steps in less one minute.
4) Pin the same time each day. How do you know when? It depends on your niche. I sell crochet patterns and have found that my best time to pin is early morning (great for me because I am up at 4 am every morning anyway). Try different times and see what works best for you.
Here is a HUGE tip: join other people’s community boards! These are the boards you will pin your stuff on. For those that sell actually products and not just PDFs, there are tons of groups specifically for that. How do you find the groups? Look at people that sell like items. Check out their boards. If you see a community board on their page, click on it and message to join it. How many boards should you belong to? I belong to 16 community groups. That is a lot, but if you can handle it, then why not. Here is the thing…you will find boards with high volumes of traffic and some that are duds. The only way you know is if you try. I don’t pin on every one of my community boards every day. Also, I try not to pin the same item on each board. How do I keep track of it. I use a notebook. Each page has a community board name. I put the item title down and date. I, also, put the day down and what imagine I used. I plan on converting this over to my phone, but for now this works good.
If you want to save this information, instead of writing ‘follow’, go up to the three little dots on this post and you can save to read it later.
I hope this helps:)
Erase if not okay…